Are you looking for a cold and refreshing dessert that’s ideal for warm weather? If so, why not make a delicious chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake?
This indulgent dessert combines three different popular recipes to make a sensational sweet treat!
Perfect for parties, this guide will teach you to make a rich and super sweet chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake that everyone will adore!
What Is A Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake?
The name “chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake” pretty much says it all! This is the name of an incredibly delicious dessert that combines chocolate chip cookies and ice cream to make a beautiful cake (see also “Best Mini Bundt Cake Recipes“).
These cakes typically consist of multiple layers, which represent the different elements of the dessert. Not only are these cakes overwhelmingly sweet, but they also have a range of textures.
Namely, the crunchiness of the cookies will contrast nicely with the softness of the cake.
When decorated with cream or chocolate sauce, this ice cream cake looks too good to resist.
As a result, it’s perfect for parties and other elegant affairs, as guests are bound to be impressed by this brilliant baking creation.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- ½ cup of softened salted butter
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- ½ of a tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 2 cups of general-purpose flour
- ¾ of a teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips: you can use milk, white, or dark chocolate chips, though milk chocolate chips seem to work best with this recipe.
- ¾ of a gallon of vanilla ice cream: feel free to experiment with different flavors, though vanilla ice cream arguably works best.
- Decorations (optional)
If you’re an avid baker, you likely already have access to most of this equipment. All you will need is:
- Weighing scales
- Nine-inch baking pans (x2)
- Non-stick parchment paper or baking spray
- A wooden spoon
- An electric mixer (optional)
- A medium-sized mixing bowl
- Oven gloves
- A wire rack
- A spatula
- A large plate
To make this luxurious dessert, all you have to do is:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the two baking trays by lining them with plenty of parchment paper. You can also use cooking spray to prevent the cookie from sticking to the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. You can do this manually or you can utilize an electric whisk to speed things up. The result should be a fluffy and pale mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the other ingredients and mix thoroughly until they have been completely combined. Next, add the flour and baking powder to this mixture and combine. Lastly, pour the chocolate chips into the mixing bowl and incorporate them fully into the cookie batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pans and spread the mixture evenly. Place the pans in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Using oven gloves, take the cookies out of the oven when they have developed a golden brown hue. The cookies will still feel soft when you first take them out of the oven. Don’t worry, they will gradually harden over time!
- Place the cookies in a wire rack and leave them to cool. This can take a few hours, but the cookies need to be completely cool before you progress on to the rest of the recipe.
- Take your ice cream out of the freezer and leave it at room temperature so that it will soften. However, you don’t want the ice cream to completely melt, as this will make it impossible to work with.
- Place one cookie onto a large plate. On the flat side of a large cookie, scoop on the ice cream. Using a spatula, try to spread the ice cream as evenly as possible.
- Carefully press the other cookie on top of the ice cream. Try to align the two cookies as evenly as possible. Using a spatula, try to make the sides of the ice cream as smooth as possible.
- Place the dessert in the freezer until you are ready to serve it. Ideally, you should freeze the cookie for at least 2 hours so that the ice cream will solidify.
- When you serve the cake, remember to decorate it. For instance, you can press additional chocolate chips against the side of the ice cream layer. Alternatively, you can top the cookie cake with fudge or chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
- Allow the cake to soften at room temperature before you cut into it. Enjoy this delicious cake with your friends and family!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake Recipes
If you’ve got your heart set on this breathtaking dessert, here are some recipes that you help you to make it:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake By Glorious Treats
Using readymade chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is simple yet effective.
It also comes with a succulent recipe for fudge sauce, which is the perfect addition to your cookie ice cream cake.
Requiring just 1 hour of preparation time, this cookie cake recipe shouldn’t take too long to make.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich By Love To Be In The Kitchen
Up next, this cookie cake is ideal for chocolate lovers. The cookie not only contains chocolate chips but the sides of the cake have been decorated with additional chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake By Half-Scratched
Decorated to perfection with cookies and chocolate Magic Shell, this cake looks incredibly indulgent.
One of the benefits of this recipe is that you can use a package of cookie mix, thus saving you time and effort.
If you’re craving a sweet and indulgent dessert, it’s recommended that you make a chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake!
By combining 3 desserts, this recipe creates a treat that’s hard for people to resist. So if you adore baking, why not put your apron on and bake this decadent dessert?!
- 15 Best Kumquat Recipes To Try Today - March 6, 2023
- How To Make A Hawaiian Shaved Ice Cream With Homemade Fruit Flavored Syrup - March 6, 2023
- How To Make Mango-Cheesecake Spring Rolls - March 6, 2023