Cherry beer bread is a sweet-tasting dessert loaf that’s perfect for enjoying with your favorite coffee. It’s ideal for sharing, and can also be given away as a housewarming gift or Christmas present!
And if you’re looking to improve your recipe or try cherry beer bread for the first time (we definitely don’t blame you), I’ve come up with a great cherry beer recipe for you to try today.
How Long Does Cherry Beer Bread Take To Make?
If you’re planning on baking cherry beer bread, most of the time it takes to make it is in the preparation.
For the first step, you’ll need to mix together beer, yeast, and flour before covering it and leaving it in the refrigerator overnight.
Other than that, making cherry beer bread will take just a few hours of your day!
Preparing and mixing the ingredients will take less than an hour in total while the cooking time will take just 30 minutes. After it’s baked, it’s a matter of letting it cool before tucking in.
What You’ll Need
Thankfully, you don’t need much in your kitchen to make cherry beer bread.
It only requires a few basic items to make, most of which you’ll probably already have in your kitchen! If not, these are easy to pick up from your local supermarket store.
- Stand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper or Silpat mat
- Baking sheet
- Baking rack
- Measuring cups
- Basting brush
Cherry Beer Bread Recipe
Our cherry beer bread recipe requires 11 ingredients in total, many of which you’ll already have at home.
The main ingredients are all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, beer, cherry cola or cherry soda, dried cherries, and chopped nuts.
The best thing is that you can choose the nuts of your choice, which can be pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, or any other kind that you prefer!
If you don’t have all the ingredients below, you can be sure to find them all at your local supermarket.
Cherry Beer Bread Ingredients
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 6 ounces of beer
- 6 ounces of cherry cola or cherry soda
- ¼ cup of sweetened dried cherries (you can also use cranberries as a substitute)
- ½ cup of chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or hazelnuts)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp of water
- 2 tbsp of sugar
Steps To Make Cherry Beer Bread
Got all the ingredients ready? Then it’s time to get started!
This cherry beer bread recipe is straightforward to follow, even if you’re not much of a chef or haven’t got much experience with baking bread.
The final product tastes as good as it looks, and it’s ready to eat in just 15 steps, which I’ve listed below!
Cherry Beer Bread Instructions
- Add the beer, yeast, and 2 cups of flour into a stand mixer bowl. Stir the ingredients by hand until it’s well mixed. Cover the mixture and place in a refrigerator to be left overnight.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for one hour.
- Place the bowl in the stand mixer and attach the dough hook.
- Add the salt and remaining flour to the mixture, then mix at a low speed until the dry ingredients are mixed in. Increase the speed to medium and knead the dough for at least two minutes. If the dough is still sticky, add one tablespoon of flour at a time until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl (it should be smooth!)
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and place the mixture on a floured surface. Knead the cherries and nuts into the mixture.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a large mixing bowl with olive oil. Once it’s well coated, place the dough in the bowl and turn it over to coat all surfaces. Cover it with a dishcloth and allow it to rise in a warm area for one or two hours until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and let it rest for five minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and use your hands to form a round loaf.
- Place one piece of parchment paper or a Silpat mat onto a baking sheet.
- Place the loaf on the baking sheet. Cover it and allow it to rise for one to two hours, or until the loaf has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly beat an egg white with water. Brush the mixture over the loaf using a basting brush, covering all surfaces of the loaf.
- Sprinkle the loaf with sugar. You can also sprinkle on more crushed nuts if desired!
- Put the loaf into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool on a baking rack.
And that’s it – the cherry beer bread is ready to serve and enjoy!
What To Enjoy With Cherry Beer Bread
Cherry beer bread is the perfect treat to have with your favorite morning coffee. And there’s no “rule” for when you should eat it either!
Cherry beer bread can be eaten as a snack, a dessert, or even as a light breakfast to start your day.
Need I say it, though? The best way to enjoy cherry beer bread is when it’s freshly baked and straight out of the oven!
So what are you waiting for? Try this cherry beer bread recipe today as I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
It’s perfect for sharing with friends and family, and can even be taken to gatherings or potlucks, as the recipe I provided above can serve up to 10 people.
What’s more, if you’re lost for gift ideas, the cherry beer bread you make from this recipe can also be given away as a Christmas gift, housewarming gift, or welcome gift for a new neighbor!