Blueberry sweetcorn salad with bacon-lime vinaigrette doesn’t just taste amazing; it’s also a great-looking dish that’s perfect for a light lunch that you can enjoy at home or at work.
What’s more, the recipe I’ve provided below is super healthy, so you can tuck in guilt-free no matter what diet you’re on!
I definitely recommend trying this salad if you’re looking for a new and exciting salad to add to your recipe list.
And because it only requires nine ingredients and minimal prep time, it’s also quick and easy to put together.
How Long Will It Take To Make Blueberry Corn Salad?
Feeling hungry or just strapped for time? Don’t worry, as this blueberry corn salad with bacon-lime vinaigrette recipe doesn’t take long to make.
All in all, it will take less than 30 minutes to prep, cook, and mix together, so it’s perfect if you need something quick to make for lunch later.
Ingredients To Make Blueberry Corn Salad With Bacon Lime Vinaigrette
If you’re someone who doesn’t like to gather lots of ingredients together, then you’ll be glad to know that this blueberry corn salad recipe doesn’t require many ingredients.
In fact, it only requires nine ingredients in total, many of which you probably already have in your pantry or cupboard!
The main ingredients you’ll need to make this blueberry corn salad with bacon-lime vinaigrette are blueberries, sweetcorn kennels, cherry tomatoes, bacon slices, and yellow onion.
The other ingredients that add to the flavor are bacon fat, fresh lime juice, chopped cilantro, and ground black pepper.
If you don’t have all the ingredients listed below, they are easy enough to find and pick up from your local supermarket. They’re not that expensive either!
Of course, if you want to make more (to share with friends and family or enjoy all to yourself – hey, we won’t judge), just double up the ingredients provided below.
Blueberry Corn Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries, sliced in half
- 1 cup of white corn kennels (from 1 steamed ear of corn or a can of sweetcorn kennels)
- 6 fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 5 slices of fresh bacon
- 2 tablespoons of bacon fat (taken from the pan after the bacon is cooked!)
- ½ of a small yellow onion, diced (this is about ¾ of a cup)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice (or bottled lime juice, depending on what you prefer or have available)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
Instructions To Make Blueberry Corn Salad With Warm Bacon-Lime Vinaigrette
This recipe for a blueberry corn salad with bacon-lime vinaigrette only requires five simple steps to make.
It doesn’t involve much cooking either, so you’ll have no trouble making this blueberry corn salad recipe if you don’t consider yourself much of a chef!
In short, you’ll need to mix the main ingredients together in a mixing bowl, before cooking the bacon until it becomes crispy.
After that, it’s a matter of putting the ingredients together in a pan to make the vinaigrette, then mixing everything together before serving up to enjoy.
All in all, this blueberry corn salad with bacon-lime vinaigrette is quick and easy to make no matter how much experience you have in the kitchen, with an end result that tastes as good as it looks!
How To Make Blueberry Corn Salad With Warm Bacon Lime Vinaigrette
- In a mixing bowl (this can be a small or large mixing bowl), mix together the blueberries, corn, and cherry tomatoes. Once these are mixed together, set the blueberry corn salad mixture aside and out of the way.
- Using a skillet that’s placed over medium to high heat, cook the bacon slices until the bacon is crispy. After it becomes crispy, transfer the bacon to a clean plate lined with a paper towel (to soak up some of the grease), then set aside. From the skillet, make sure to also set aside 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Next, add the diced small yellow onion to the pan and sauté until the onion becomes slightly caramelized. Once it’s caramelized, scrape the browned onion bits that have collected at the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon.
- The next step is to turn off the heat and pour the lime juice into the pan. Once the lime juice is in the pan, sprinkle the chopped cilantro and ground pepper on top of the lime juice. Stir the mixture well to combine the ingredients together.
- Lastly, pour the warm vinaigrette mixture over the blueberry corn salad that you set aside earlier. Next, crumble up the cooked slices of bacon and add the pieces to the blueberry corn salad. Stir evenly to combine all of the ingredients together.
And that’s it – if you followed all the five step-by-step instructions above, you should now have a colorful blueberry corn salad flavored with a warm bacon-lime vinaigrette that’s ready to serve up and enjoy!
How To Store Blueberry Corn Salad With Bacon-Lime Vinaigrette
This blueberry corn salad with bacon-lime vinaigrette recipe tastes good enough to eat in one or two sittings.
But if you want to save some for another time, you’re going to want to store it properly to make sure it stays fresh for longer.
I recommend keeping it in the fridge and finishing it off within two to three days. This will ensure it keeps its freshness while maintaining its original flavor.
The best thing about this blueberry corn salad with bacon-lime vinaigrette is that it’s perfect to eat straight after cooking, or even chilled after being in the refrigerator for a day or two!
Now that you have the ingredients and instructions to make blueberry corn salad with bacon-lime vinaigrette, why not try it today?
The ingredients are simple and the instructions to make it are easy (it only requires five steps), and it’s also perfect for taking to work for lunch or sharing with friends!
If you enjoyed this article, you might like our post ‘15 Best Keto Crockpot Recipes To Try Today‘.