A margarita is the life of the party, or just a great drink to enjoy sitting by the pool. Wherever you decide to enjoy the delights, you usually have to make them first.
Sure, making a margarita is not difficult, but finding the perfect recipe sometimes can be. That’s why we are going to go through one of our all-time favorites – the Isla Sangria Frozen Margarita (see also “How To Prepare Kiwi-Passion Fruit Margaritas“).
This drink is a fun twist on a classic, and it’s perfect for any location, any event, and any time of day.
If you want to find out how to make one of these incredible frozen drinks, stick around. We will cover everything you need to know right here in this article.
What Is A Sangria Margarita?
A sangria margarita is simply a margarita that has been made using some delightful sangria wine! You can pick any kind of wine you prefer, but there is just something special about Sangria, don’t you think?
A Sangria can be made from red or white wine, depending on what you prefer. However, these drinks usually come with other ingredients such as fruit juice (usually orange juice), and even bits of fruit if you make it fresh.
By definition, a margarita is a type of cocktail that is made using Tequila, lime juice, and triple sec. Recipes can vary a lot, but as long as it has those base ingredients, it’s a margarita!
How To Make Isla Sangria Frozen Margaritas
If you love your Sangria margaritas, but want to step it up a notch, then there’s one logical thing to try – frozen margaritas!
This makes an already great drink even better, and definitely makes it perfect for those hot summers by the pool.
The best part about this drink is that it’s so easy to make, and there are plenty of different variations you can try.
We will go through the basic recipe, then cover some fun iterations you might want to try the next time you make this.
Ingredients Needed for a Frozen Sangria Margarita
This recipe is a simple one, and the original recipe can be found on Delish. However, the real trick here is making it your own, and we have some handy contributions at the end of this article.
For the time being, however, here’s what you need to know. To make this drink, you are going to need the following:
- Sangria wine (red is traditionally used, 1 cup)
- An orange (1 fruit, juiced)
- A lime (1 fruit, juiced)
- Ice (2 cups)
To make the margarita swirl, you will need these ingredients:
- Limeade concentrate (1 can, frozen)
- Tequila of choice (2 shots)
- Ice (2 cups)
We will go through a few different flavor options at the end of the article, so bear in mind that this recipe is just for the basic Sangria margarita!
How To Make This Delicious Drink
Making this frozen margarita is so easy, provided you have the right tools. You will need a blender to get the job done, as well as all the basic equipment for juicing fruit.
As long as you have those, you can follow these steps to make a delightfully delicious frozen Sangria margarita:
- Get all the necessary ingredients for the Sangria mixture (the first list), and add everything to a blender.
- Blend everything together until thoroughly mixed and homogenous
- Transfer the contents of the blender into something that can be placed in the freezer
- Allow to sit in the freezer while you move onto the next blending step
- Rinse your blender, then toss in all the ingredients needed for the margarita blend
- Blend until the margarita ingredients are smooth and homogenous
- Get your favorite glass for this drink and make sure it is perfectly clean
- Find a small plate, and mix granulated sugar and salt together on it (see also “How To Make Hawaiian Sea Salt And Palm Sugar Caramel“)
- Use a lime wedge and run the fruit around the rim of your glass, making it wet
- Dip the rim of the glass in the sugar and salt mixture so that it is adequately covered
- Time to start layering! Simply alternate between scooping in layers of sangria and margarita into the glass to create a wonderful swirl until you reach the top of the glass
- Once the glass is filled, garnish with some lime, and serve it up!
Changes You Could Make To This Recipe
If you want to step up the game a little, you could consider using all kinds of different flavors. The great thing is, almost anything will work with a recipe like this, as long as you like the flavor.
Some flavor options you may want to consider include the following:
- Mango pulp or nectar
- Pineapple pulp or juice
- Dragon fruit
- Frozen raspberries
- Frozen strawberries
- Grenadine syrup
- Blue Curaçao
- Your favorite ice lolly
- Coconut water
- Your favorite kind of rum to spice things up
- Your favorite white wine if you prefer the crisp flavor of it
- Your favorite fruity soda or sparkling drink
Don’t stop there! If you have some favorite that you think could work with a drink like this, you could absolutely try them out.
You might find something totally new and incredible to share with the world. Don’t forget to use different sodas if you want some sparkle, too!
Making a Sangria margarita doesn’t have to be hard at all. In fact, it can be the easiest thing in the world as long as you have the equipment you need (like a blender).
You can play around with the flavors in a recipe like this, and even try white wine instead of red wine. Experiment with different fruit juices and pulps (especially the mango), to make something that really speaks to you.
If you do end up making this recipe, why not let us know what you think? Try out some of the variations we mentioned, and comment on your favorite one – we would love to know!