It is about that time of the year when we mark Easter, and I am more than excited to share it with my loved ones. This is the opportune time to prepare loads of Easter dishes to be shared by friends and family.
My love for Hawaiian dishes steered me to start up a blog on tropical recipes. So far, it has done well, and the reception from the public is awesome and promising.
Well, I guess I am not the only one in love with these delicacies. Once you get to try them out, you will never look back on other foods.
Outlined below are some of the recipes that you should not miss out on this Easter season;
1. Easter Tropical Terrine
- A reasonable amount of lady fingers
- Boiling water, 1 cups
- Cold water, 1 cup
- JELL-O Brand Island Pineapple Flavor
- 1 tin of mandarin orange segments
- 1 can COOL WHIP
Procedure to be followed
- Line plastic wrap in a tin loaf measuring 9*5 inches
- Place the ladyfingers in the pan
- Dissolve gelatin in a bowl with hot water for at least 2 minutes.
- Blend in pineapple with juice and water
- Put the mixture in a refrigerator for about 1 ¼ hrs
- Mix the whipped topping and oranges in two cups
- Put the mixture in a pan, arrange the extra ladyfingers on the gelatin
- Put it in the refrigerator for 3 hours till it hardens
- Empty the finished product to a serving plate and garnish it with the rest of the whipped topping
Do not use frozen fruits or the gelatin won’t set. Finishing can be with pineapple leaves, peeled kiwi slices and many more.
2. Coconut Carrot Cake
Easter can never be complete without a coconut carrot cake. With a tropical twist of coconut and pineapple in it, be guaranteed of a palatable Easter dish for you.
Ingredients for the cake
- Sugar, 2 cups
- Canola oil, 1 cup
- 4 eggs
- All-purpose flour, 4 cups
- Cinnamon, ground, 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda, 1 teaspoons
- Adequate Salt
- 1 tin of squashed pineapple
- Grated carrots
- Flaked coconut
Procedure to be followed
- Blend sugar, oil and eggs in a common dish until uniform
- In a different bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Combine the sugar mixture and flour mixture in one common tin and mix till even
- Draw off the juice from the pineapple and set it aside. Whip the pineapple, coconut and carrots to obtain a thick mixture
- Pour the mixture in greased oven pans. Let the heating temperature range 3500. Let it cook for at least half an hour such that a toothpick pricked in the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes
- 8 ounces of soft cream cheese
- cup of butter
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- 1 cps of confectioner’s sugar
- Parsley twig
- Orange paste food color
- Mix butter, cream cheese and vanilla till fuzzy in a bowl for icing. Add in the confectioner’s sugar and the remaining pineapple for a uniform result. Tint a smaller part of the cup frosting orange and place it in a small paper bag that is sealable. Make a small hole in the paper bag’s corner and place it aside.
- Place the cake on a flat surface for some toppings. Start with the white frostings. Add carrots on top of an orange frosting. Put the parsley sprig on top and let it refrigerate. Following all the required steps is important if you want to achieve the perfect results.
3. Pineapple Curd
- Sugar, 3 ¼ cups
- 2 tins of well drained crushed pineapple
- Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
- 3 eggs
- Butter, ¼ cup diced
- Pineapple extract, ¼ teaspoon
- Cornstarch, 3 tablespoons
- In a sauce pan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Add lemon juice, egg yolks and pineapple in it.
- Cook in optimum heat for about 10 minutes while stirring until thick
- Eject from the heat and beat in butter till it melts
- Add pineapple extract and stir
- Let the mixture cool, cover it and let it chill for 2 hours
4. Creamy Coconut Frosting
- 2 bars white baking chocolate, chopped. E.g Ghiradelli
- Whipping cream, ¼ cup
- Softened butter, cup
- Sour cream, cup
- Coconut extract, 1 tablespoon
- Confectioner’s sugar, 5 cups
- Mix white chocolate and cream in a bowl. Put it in the microwave in intervals of 30 seconds and set it on High.
- Let it heat till it melts and smoothens.
- Let it cool for some time
- In another bowl, combine white chocolate, butter, sour cream and coconut extract.
- Whip at a slower speed with a mixer until light and fuzzy.
- Add confectioner’s sugar and beat until uniform. Ensure that you add the right amount of sugar and not in excess.
5. Braided Easter Egg Bread
This is the perfect bread for Easter holidays. It has eggs in it which is a favorite of many people. To make it more delicious, the eggs can be tinted to obtain that colorful nature. It is easy to prepare as long as you have all the necessary requirements before you can start.
- All purpose flour, 2 cups
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- 2 eggs
- Melted butter, 2 tablespoons
- Milk, 2/3 cup
- Whole eggs, 5 and dyed
- 1 pack of active dry yeast
- In a tin, add flour, sugar, salt, yeast and mix well. Add milk and butter together in a pan and heat it till the butter melts and the milk is warm.
- Slowly add milk and butter to the flour while stirring consistently. Add two more eggs and flour and beat it. Gradually add the remaining flour till it is uniform.
- Knead the mixture for 8 minutes and oil a sauce pan and place the mixture in it.
- Once in an oven pan, heat it in an oven to 350 degrees and let it bake.
With the above recipes, you’ve got no reason to spend your Easter eating normal foods. Get out of the norm and experience this unique experience.
These are very easy to follow recipes that you can do it at home as long as you have all the required items and ingredients. It is advisable to have all the items needed at hand before you start preparing the recipes.
Follow all the instructions provided if you want to achieve the perfect results in the end.